UOL Dramatic CLub performs at BNU Bestival and won:
1) Best Dramatic Moment Award.
2) Standup Comedy Winner Award presented to Saad Ali Gill.
3) Runner up Art of Motion Award presented to Asim Sharif.
4) Round 2 Best Street Art Drama Winner.
Congratulations to the whole team!
UOL Media Society participated in GIKI Media Fest’14 and have won
1. 1st position Short Commercials
2. 1st position Poster Design
3. 1st position Punjaagi Totay (dubbing of movie clip)
4. 1st position T-shirt Design
5. 1st position Live Reporting
Congratulations to the whole team of UOL’s Media Society.
Dr. Asrar ul Haq Sheikh (Head of Dept. Electrical Engineering at UOL) graduated from the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan with first class honors degree in 1964 and received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Birmingham, England, in 1966 and 1969 respectively. Professor Sheikh has vast experience in education and research in several developing and developed countries. He held positions in Pakistan, Iran, UK, and Libya before joining Carleton University, Ottawa in 1981, first as an Associate Professor and later as a Professor and Associate Chairman for Graduate Studies. He was a Professor and Associate Head of the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, where he established the Wireless Information Systems Research (WISR) Centre. In March 2000, he joined King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals Electrical Engineering Department as Bugshan/Bell Lab Chair in Telecommunications, the first chair professorship in Saudi Arabia. At KFUPM, he established Telecommunications Research Laboratory (TRL). He also established teaching laboratories in Iran and Libya. He also held the position of the Rector, Foundation University Islamabad, Pakistan in the year 2006-07. Currently He is working as the HoD, Department of Electrical Engineering, The University of Lahore.
PROFESSIONAL HONOURS AND AWARDS
• IEEE Life Fellow, 2013.
• KACST Bronze Certificate for Outstanding Research 2010
• College of Engineering Sciences Research Award 2006
• College of Engineering Sciences Research Award 2005
• IEEE Fellow January 2004
• Listed in Who’s is Who in the World, 2001-2007.
• Listed in Who’s is Who in Science and Engineering, 2004-2007.
• Awarded Recognition and honors for Outstanding Performance on the 48th Annual IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Ottawa, May 1999.
• University Research Award, Carleton University, 1994.
• IET Fellow October 1992.
• Academic Achievement Award, Carleton University, 1986.
• Paul Adorian Premium for Outstanding Papers in published in 1983 on Communications and Broadcast Engineering (IERE (Now part of IEE) London, U.K.) 1984.
• Academic Achievement Award, Carleton University, 1984.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
• Life Fellow IEEE (USA) 2013
• Fellow IEEE (USA) 2004
• Fellow IEE (London)1992
• Member IEP (Pakistan)
#UOL #ULahore #Lahore #Pakistan
| Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan’s visit to UOL |
Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan visits The University of Lahore earlier today. Patron UOL Mr M. A. Raoof, Chairman UOL Mr Awais Raoof, Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. M H Qazi & Rector Mr Prof. Dr. Saleem Shuja welcome Dr. AQ Khan at UOL.
Photos: Muhammad Asad Ullah Khalid
UOL Computer Science Tech Event
Nominations required for an upcoming new Society at The University of Lahore: “UOL International Travel Society” — Interested students may contact Mr Ali Imran at Pro-Rector’s Office [Main Campus]
An interactive session on Photography with Mehlum Sadriwala at UOL
UOL Sports Gala is going to be held from 4th to 8th of March, 2014.
Please contact your department’s administration office for details of following sports:
Tug Of War
Short race 100m